New Music Strategies is a pan-European strategy group for music culture, creativity and development created by Andrew Dubber, Professor of Music Industries Innovation at Birmingham City University. The members of the NMS group are based in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany, and represent a wide range of expertise in the music and cultural industries.
NMS initiates ideas and projects, and work in partnership with organisations to make the most of music in response to transformative media technologies. They use their creativity, curiosity and expertise to make a difference and simplify the new music environment.
As their website states,”We work with people we like on cool projects about music and culture – and help bring more music to more people in more places.”
Some examples of the work NMS undertakes:
- Help music businesses make strategic decisions about innovative projects.
- Work with NGOs to use music to achieve their objectives.
- Generate new ideas with music organisations.
- Create information products and run workshops within existing industry events.
- Combine our expertise to initiate innovative projects that enhance and celebrate music culture.
For more information about New Music Strategies visit their website: http://newmusicstrategies.com/